Saturday 25 March 2017

Knee Deep in the Hoopla

OK, the tag for my blog is "Because I sometimes forget where on earth I'm supposed to be. . ." but lately, I've just been getting on with life and work in London.

But that doesn't mean I'm not busy!

Whew. . .what a few weeks.

I'm happy to say all the speakers have been now been selected for the Institute of Vedic Culture's (Krishnamurti Institute of Astrology) conference. You can view the speakers' list here. There's still a lot of work to be done with sorting out topics and descriptions and papers, finalising touring packages and all the other things associated with being on the organizing committee of such a large organisation. But it really has been a great privilege to work with a man who shares my vision in truly uniting the two zodiacs under one roof. Gopal Bhattacharjee and I joke that we must really be long lost twins--we seem to anticipate what the other is about to do and we even seem to share the same sense of humour. But I think we are both very happy so many astrologers from across the globe (from TWENTY countries) also share in our vision of setting aside our factions and taking on the skeptics, critics and the indifferents of astrology.

And in the flurry of everything, Robert Currey honours me with a place on his hard-nosed academic research site! To be on the same webpage as Michel Gauquelin and Suibert Ertel  is beyond mind blowing.

And speaking of mind blowing, I just have to boast that Dr Glenn Perry bought a copy of "Growing Pains"!  here's the proof:

And just because I'm grounded for the moment in London, doesn't mean I'm not getting out and about. . .I have a lot of webinars coming up.

9th April 10am BST: "How to Get Children to Reach For the Stars" for the Cosmic Intelligence Agency. If you didn't already know it, I write the yearly, monthly and weekly horoscopes for the CIA and it is just such a thrill to write for a magazine people actually read! More articles coming out for the CIA soon.

15th April 9pm-10:30pm BST: "Astrology and Education" for Kepler College. One of the great things about attending the ISAR conference back in October was the great connection I made with the prestigious Kepler College! Astrology research at its finest! I did my first webinar on International Astrology Day last weekend and I'm offering this free one for beginners.

29th April 5pm-8pm BST: "Growing Pains" for Kepler College. This webinar is based on my research on astrology and education. $49 for three hours.

7th May: Mercury Internet School of Psychological Astrology. Further details coming very soon. I'm chuffed to bits to be working with John Green, Clare Martin, Lynn Bell, Darby Costello and Faye Blake-Cossar!

And that leads us nicely on to. . .MY TOUR OF THE WEST COAST, USA!!

So I'm starting off with NORWAC 25-29th May near Seattle where I'll be re-united with lots of astro buddies including Rob Hand and Mark Jones. Then I'll be doing a webinar as part of a series on relationships with the delightful Dorothy Oja, Samuel Reynolds, Margaret Gray and Armand Diaz on 5th June.Then I'm so excited to be speaking at NCGR San Diego on 17 June, NCGR Las Vegas 25 June and San Francisco Astrological Society on the 29th June.

Hopefully "The Wolf You Feed" will be ready to be officially announced by the time I get home from the tour so I can start planning the book launch (I do have a few secrets I'm keeping to myself).

But the fun goes on into September with an appearance at the Woking Astrology Group followed by a jaunt up north to the Scottish Astrological Association. The autumn and winter of 2017/18 will be completely occupied by preparations for the KIA conference. I'll be at UAC (Chicago) spring 2018 to mooch about and crash Ray Merriman's party again. BUT I just got an invitation to speak in Italy in the summer of 2018!

FRENZY!! But in the best possible way.

After all that planning, sometimes a girl just needs to chill out with a good friend after a long day of teaching eager minds. What a great evening I had with my astro sister Laura Boomer-Trent. Spaghetti and conversation. Sigh.

Laura and I: post spaghetti dinner


About the Astrologer


Alex Trenoweth was voted Best International Astrologer, 2015 for her dynamic presentation on her innovative and original research into Astrology and Education. Her book, "Growing Pains" is an exciting development in astrology as it combines classroom teaching experience, sound investigation and the potential to have a positive impact on struggling adolescents, parents, teachers and those who have been labelled "at risk". She writes the weekly and monthly horoscopes and other articles for the Cosmic Intelligence Agency, one of the largest astrological social media groups on the web and was also a speaker for the AstroSummit, a guest lecturer for the London School of Astrology and has spoken at several UK local astrology groups. Upcoming international events include Breaking Down the Borders, the Kepler Conference, Congresso Internacional de Astrologia (Portugal), Kepler College, the Mercury Internet School of Psychological Astrology, NORWAC and the San Francisco Astrology Society Alex is also Vice Principal and Secretary General of International Affairs for the Krishnamurti Institute of Astrology and will will be taking up her residential post in India 2017. For queries, consultations or syndications, please contact Alex via www.alextrenoweth.com or leave a message in the comment section.
"Growing Pains" can be purchased in paperback or kindle format on Amazon or can be signed and posted directly to you by Alex.

About the New Book


There are two wolves fighting inside of me, the old story goes, one wolf is good and the other is evil. “But Grandfather,” asked the child, “Which one wins?” The Grandfather answered, “The wolf I feed.”

We might like to think that being good is a natural instinct. In fact, doing the right thing takes a conscious decision. Every day, we are met with temptation to get ahead at the expense of someone else, to get away with something we know is wrong or to cut corners if we think no one is watching.

Following on from her powerful book on astrology and Education, “Growing Pains”, Alex Trenoweth explores the benefits of using “the bad guy” of the solar system: Saturn. Often avoided and seldom understood, if we understand our own Saturn then we can help others to understand theirs. Using case studies of  highly successful people contrasted with convicted serial killers, Trenoweth deftly demonstrates the dire consequences of feeding the wrong wolf.

No comments: